Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bessie gets bleached

Dirty, moldy roof

Terrified me sitting on house roof contemplating how to clean Bessie

1/2 clean.  What a difference!
Today I had every intention of getting up on Bessie's roof and giving her a good cleaning.  Problem is, I'm terrified of heights.  More than that, I am petrified of ladders.  Figuring I could power through in total denial of my fears I climbed the ladder.

Shakily, I got off the ladder onto the house roof, turned around, sat down on the roof, and then realized there was no way this was going to work.  I did manage to crawl around on the truck roof with a leaf blower but then I was done.  Back to the house roof I went, fighting the nausea and taking slow deep breaths trying not to panic, all the while, Carl is trying to convince me to get back on the ladder and just get down.  After imagining firefighters pulling me off the roof I figured it was now or never because this was just going to become too humiliating.

My wonderful husband then cleaned the roof.  It is now beautiful.  He is still laughing at me.  That's how it goes around here.  Looks like Wednesday will be roof coating day.  Carl will once again be in charge of that.  I give up.  I will supervise from the ground.  I will remove our old business decals and Goo Gone the adhesive that remains.

1 comment: