Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bessie gets insulated

Floor covered in black mold
I sprayed down the floor with bleach water and gave it a good scrubbing.  It didn't look that much better but I felt better having done it.


1" foam insulation in walls and ceiling.
 A little more gorilla tape to seal the foam and Bessie will be ready for the 1/8" hard board we have to cover over the insulation and give us a good foundation for the sound barrier that will be glued to the walls and ceiling.

my little helper

Mac Kilz...ing the floor

Grant taking a turn priming the floor

So much nicer
Although the roof is now sealed the floor just seemed to be absorbing the moisture from the air.  I figured, for good measure, I would prime it with a mold preventer.  We will then throw a coat of the roof paint on top before insulating, sound barriering, and flooring.

1 comment: